Thread: Delay of Game
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 22, 2010, 10:25am
Administrator

NFHS R4-S47-A2 states:
“A warning to a team for delay is an administrative procedure by an official which is recorded in the scorebook by the scorer and reported to the coach for huddle by either team and contact with the free thrower, as in R10-S1-A5d.”

NFHS R10-S1-A5d states:
“A team shall not allow the game to develop into an actionless contest, this includes the following and similar acts: contact with the free thrower or a huddle of two or more players in the lane by either team prior to a free throw following any team warning for delay.”

The OP stated that the huddle was at Team B’s bench. That means that R4-S47-A2 and NFHS R10-S1-A5d are not the rules that apply to this situation nor are they the rules that apply to NFHS Casebook Play 10.1.5 Situation C(b).

R4-S47-A2 was adopted (as well as R10-S1-A5d) in response to the actions described in R10-S1-A5d.

MTD, Sr.

P.S. I had a very long courier run last night and did not get home until 09:30amEDT. MTD, Jr., and I have a baseball game to umpire at 06:30pmEDT tonight, and I have a courier run to make at midnight. It is almost 11:25amEDT, and way past my bedtime. I do not anticipate resonding to this thread until at least Sunday night because of my courier, basketball officiating, and baseball/softball umpiring schedules for the remainder of the week. Everybody have a wonderful first week of Summer.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio