View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 22, 2010, 07:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej47 View Post
15U and I am by myself. Do to shortages only one UMP assigned.

I'm hustling and hearing no complaints.

I have a runner on 1st. The count is 1 and 1 on the batter. As F1 starts his delivery, R1 breaks for 2nd. As the ball crosses the plate the batter swung and stepped in front of the plate into the pathway of F2 as he is throwing. I watch and sure enough there is contact on the follow through of the throw. The throw goes wide and F4 was good and made a diving catch. I call time rule the runner out for batter interference.

The HC who is in the 3rd base box requests time and an explanation as to why I called his runner out. I explain that there was batter interference and since there were less that two outs the runner was out on the interference call.

The coach asked was there contact and I stated yes. HE said " So that's why you ruled interference." I informed him that it helped but the batter leaving the box caused the interference. He got that "deer in the headlights" look and went back to 3rd.

One umpire...shortage of umpires or shortage of cash on the teams part...I will never work a game by myself...ever.