Thread: Delay of Game
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 20, 2010, 11:11am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
JR:

There is no difference between NFHS and NCAA Men's/Women's that I am aware of, but when the Team A's HC (A1 is shooting the free throws) has his four (4) other players huddling with him I am inclined to charge the HC and not the team with the delay of game TF because A1 was already occupying one of the first lane spaces and A2 refused to occupy the other lane space it would be a TF charged to A2 for delay of game.

P.S. JR, I decided to read the NFHS Casebook Play after I submitted my post. I still stand by my stoopid personal opinion that A-HC can be charged with the TF in the the OP because he is the one that is keeping A2 and A3 from occupying the first two lane spaces, where in the Casebook Play it presupposes that A2 and A3 are refusing to occupy the first two lane spaces of their own volition.
Un-freaking- believable!!!

You're saying that your personal opinion is right and the rules as written are wrong. Do you really know how fundamentally stoopid that statement of yours is?

The case book play is the EXACT same play being discussed. And the RULES say that it's a TEAM technical foul. But you want to make up your very own rule and charge the head coach with a "T". That means that if that coach already has a "T", you're going to have to toss him. Good luck with that one, Mark.

Make up your own rules and you're committing career suicide if you get caught. And when there's a definitive case play that clearly covers a situation, you WILL be caught, if not by the coach you wrongly nailed but by a fellow official that does know the correct rule. Then it's back to the odd grade 5 game at Podunk Middle School.

Un-freaking- believable. This one isn't even worthy of a discussion, it's so black'n'white.

Forget all about the rules and make up your own.

Lah me.......