Thread: Varsity coach
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 13, 2003, 08:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Rut,

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
So in your area:

Let's say that the varsity coach is sitting on the bench of the "last" freshman level game of the season.

That coach is ejected . . . from the freshman game.

The Freshman Season has now ended, for the year.

There are 10 Varsity games left on the schedule.

Does this mean that the varsity coach cannot participate in any of those 10 games?

Respectfully,

Tee
It is 10 days or sit out the next game at that level, which ever comes first. So if 10 days go by and a team has 10 games before there is a Freshman game, they have to sit out. So if it is the final game of the season, then they have to wait until those 10 days are up and their team is still playing in the playoffs in order to participate again.

Bob,

This policy is new I think. They did not have the 10 day thing before, but I think they changed it in order to not have a coach sit out the entire playoffs or a lengthy period for getting ejected in one game. But I have had a situation where I ejected the coach and the state gave them more than one game to miss. So I guess unless the IHSA mandates a suspension, they will only sit out one game. But this is what the said at two rules meetings that I attended. One was for football the other was in basketball.

Peace