View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 13, 2003, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

I probably work for 30-40 different coaches during a season. So some of you are saying that if I go to a scrimmage and see the tactics of two coaches rather than just one, I have committed no impropriety. I wonder what the other 35 coaches would say??? I EXPECT they would say NOTHING. Not because I saw two coach's teams but because they wouldn't care. I WOULD EXPECT that the coach you did watch would likely be impressed, "Here's a Ref that's trying to improve his skills."

You guys are over working this aren't you?

I'm not saying get down on the court and get rebounds but set in the back row and watch the ball movement; watch the post play; watch for the defense types/positioning; watch for particular player nuances/movements; listen to what the coach is saying to the players; listen to how he directs them to act; listen for the tactics he tells them to use; listen to how the coach reacts to his players; etc.

If anything, you will pick some things that you can call AGAINST this team... that opposing coaches will want called.

I would assume you are going to have to have a previous relationship with this coach or you are probably not going to be allowed in his practice.... See, you already have a conflict of interest.... you're his buddy.