View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 11, 2010, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

Somewhat Interesting what if, interference questions

Hi folks,

Had an interesting play and discussion the other night....

R1, R2, outs don't matter 3-1 count, OBR. If NCAA/FED is different, let me know.

Ball 4 is missed by F2, it was way inside, and hits my shinguard. Ball bounces away from F2, who cannot find the ball, which is sitting along the cement wall in play.

Neither F1 or F2 see it, or anyone else except me, until after R2 and R1 scores and BR is at 3B.

Now here is the discussion:

Same as above but Offensive Team leaves equipment in a playable area, say 3 or 4 bats along the wall just outside the dugout in fair territory. The ball, instead of being lost by the defense, goes behind the bats. Obviously we have interference by the offense, and we kill the baseball.

One side of the discussion says "you have to have an out somewhere because of the interference." Award BR 1st, call out R2.

I, being on the other side of the discussion, says: "Nope. Why do you have an out anywhere? Kill the ball, and we have Bases loaded. BR is awarded 1B on the walk. Everyone else moves up because of the walk."

I am flummoxed that anyone would try to find an out on this play. Please let me know if I am missing something. I would hate to have to buy my good friend a root beer for being wrong on this one.

Thanks!