View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 11, 2010, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInBlue View Post
Personally I love to hear coaches tell their pitchers and batters to adjust. The "he's been calling it all day," "Bring it down, adjust to what he's calling" are the right comments. Coach isn't complaining, he's teaching his kids to go with what's called and play the game there. It shows they're paying attention and it teaches the kids not to blame the ump for not "getting the call."

I had a team twice one Saturday several weeks ago and in the 2nd game I heard the coach say to his batter "He's been calling it all day. Swing the bat." It told me that he didn't have an issue with the zone, and that the kids should have picked up on what was a strike, and THEY need to do their job at the plate.

Your PU was way out of line (unless he had been hearing it all day and thought it was a coach - as mentioned in another post)
Agreed.

IMO, a major problem with today's player.

When I played we as players would say to the next batter

"He's got a good hook today" AND
The umpire is calling them "low / high or whatever.

In other words it was up to us to adjust to what the umpire was calling. As a player /coach you want consistency and if the umpiring is calling them low ALL game long then you adjust because it's low for EVERYBODY.

I am pretty certain that we all called batter's out on 3 strikes that were in the SAME place BUT the batter thought they were out of the strike zone.

Instead of adjusting, they are stubborn and think that because THEY thought they were outside/inside then the umpire should oblige.

Pete Booth