View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 06, 2010, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

Survey says.....

While this sounds like an officiating urban legend, this happened and wanted to throw it out for dissemination.
Saturday girls AAU game 2 person crew. Ball goes OB and whistle sounds. As the player start to decongregate around the play, A's center hits the deck doubled over gasping for air.. B's center is the closest player and while standing over her is not taunting. Neither official sees how/why A hits the deck, L was opposite side of lane base line T was sorta deep, but A's parents in the stands had a great view of what happened and are going crazy saying it was a cheap shot.
Coach is beckoned on to the court to tend the player, players dad comes out and is sort of upset. As the player gets helped off the floor the coach approaches the L official, get about 6" from his face and in a calm voice says words to the effect "You obviously didn't see what happened. Since I didn't either, I can't really get upset, but I wanted to stand here for a minute, point over to the spot where my player hit the floor and shake my head. I am not upset, but this way my parents will think I am really laying into you. So if you want, feel free to shake your head and point to my bench and I will walk over there shaking my head and pointing at the spot. This way the parents will think I got my point across and lay off of you" The coach gets pointed to his bench, his parents cheer, the coach heads off the floor and........
If you're THAT official what would you do?