View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 05, 2010, 09:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post
If I were a Detroit Tigers Fan on Wednesday, I'd rather sit through an extra 10 minutes a game every game for five years and see History made, than save 10 minutes and have an imperfect person ruin perfection...and every football official I've ever talked to who works under either NCAA or NFL replay systems thinks that having replay there makes them better officials. Lord knows MLB needs anything they can get their hands on to get better officials.
MLB umpires obviously have access to video. Jim Joyce and the crew looked at the play immediately after the game was over. The issue is not access to video, the issue is should there be a system in place to change calls based on replay.

The reality is the average public does not know the rules they get upset about. And the commentators do not know either. I can see it now, a runner ties the throw and catch and when the play is not overturned you will hear cries for they "current" system does not work, similar to the cries you hear about from football fans when the call does not go the way they "think" it should. And the best example of this was the Super Bowl with Pittsburgh and Seattle (a family member of mine was on that team BTW). There were video that covered many of the controversial plays, but they were not reviewable.

Peace