View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 05, 2010, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumpire View Post
Rev and Two Bits,

Many of the situations you want to review would not just slow the game down, it would mean you would have to guess how it would affect other things going on during a play, like runners at other bases, time plays and the like. How in the world can you think that you can use replay to decide all these things correctly?

As officials, I can't believe how much damage you want to do to the game with these proposals. It's not some kind of end-of-quarter-replay you want, you want to make perfection come from imperfect people. It is absurd.
As amateur officials, don't we do that already? Don't we award bases on obstruction by what we think the runner could reach without obstruction? If an amateur can do that with a two-man crew, I would think a pro could do with four sets of eyes AND a dozen cameras watching.

I simply don't see how trying to officiate a game accurately using all tools at your disposal can damage the game.