View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 03, 2010, 07:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryRc View Post
Let me start by saying that I umpire baseball and in no way do I understand the nuances to umping softball. But could this be one of those "rules" that does have some gray areas and is loosely called during the regular season. But when the post season comes, or in this case the College World Series, where EVERYONE is watching, they are told to call every Illegal Pitch regardless of advantage/disadvantage. And in this case Florida pitchers may have been doing this all year and not have been called this tight.
Not in this instance.....
Brombacher, Florida's starting pitcher was called for 2 IP's in the game, that brought her total IP's for the season to 17. She led the SEC in IP's this season with 15, 12 of those were called on her in conference play.
So both her and her coach are no strangers to her having IP's called on her.

There were a total of 4 IP's called in the game against FL. 1 IP was called in the first inning and 3 IP's were called in the third, one on Brombacher and two on the pitcher who relived her, Gammel. All the UCLA runners who advanced a base on the IP's eventually scored, including a runner (Yundi) who scored from 3rd on the second IP called on Gammell,