View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2000, 03:01pm
Official Forum Member

Wow what quick responses. My first post, too!

Carl and Roger: I guess I should feel bad for not knowing Carl. I am quite sure that he is a good man. I don't recall ever having the pleasure of meeting him. In my position I am quite focused on NCAA baseball and I don't recall him as a regional ump and he does not work the conferences I follow. Sorry, I am always open to be educated. I pray that you guys don't hold that agaisnt me. Perhaps we travel in different circles.

Carl: You see, even I must have gotten confused by the cute statement about the line and the bus. Naturally, that sounded like an ejection or a threat of an ejection. I myself never threaten a future ejection. Too many of these guys will feel like they will have to puff up and force the issue, if threatened. You did say something like that in your post. Did I misunderstand? What did you mean? Frankly, when I eject a person, I never tell him he is ejeced until he is ejected.

I am not sure about using names and email addresses. I am sure that you have heard about bad people and a criminal element that prey on unsuspecting internet users. I am not comfortable just yet in this forum. I hope you can understand.

About resumes. I am sure that would be fun. I am not bragging. I was simply trying to keep some young umpires from falling in a trap. I would be in a position to help umpires advance if either of you want to send me a resume. Please do not assume that I need to know your pedigrees. I have no interest in having unpleasant debates. I simply am one person that has a few experiences to share.

Roger: You signed using "UT." Is that your business? Is that something else I need to know? Sorry to be so ignorant.

Peter: I have to get to a game now. I will respond later about the coaching question. I will not be sending them any messages today.

Gosh, it has been great getting to know you guys. I feel like I made some new friends today.

Semper Fi