View Single Post
Old Mon May 31, 2010, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Watch Those Arms...

In my mind, this was an easy call. However, because of the stink that was raised over it...I'm going to ask.

A1 is a post player. He's "floating" on the baseline and approaching the lane. Now picture in your mind this guy holding his arms out...not straight out in front of him...not straight out to the side...but rather somewhere in between. B1 and B2 are attempting to guard this guy, but they can't get near him without this guy's arms stopping them from approaching.

A1 had been doing this just about the whole night and I didn't call it because up until this particular point, the defense was able to defend him without being hindered by the guys arms. But when B1 and B2 weren't able to approach him because they were tangled up in the guy's arms, I called a holding foul on A1.

If A1 would have pulled his arms away when the defense got near, I wouldn't have called it...but as far as I was concerned, A1 was intefering with the cylinder of B1 and B2. Naturally, A1 argued that he didn't move his arms and therefore he couldn't have held anyone.

Did I kick it or call it correctly???