View Single Post
Old Fri May 28, 2010, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64 View Post

I work in one of the same D1 conferences as Teddy V. They could try and scratch him, but it would be a no go about like the theory you and others have on the Kobe/Perkins star vs. non-star conspiracy. I, on the other hand, could easily be scratched bc I am not considered a big timer.
If that is what you think that the term means, then we are not discussing the same issue.
My statement is that D1 coaches do not have a formal process in place to block individual officials from their games or their conferences. They simply do not possess this power.
However, I will not argue that they exert some influence and some of them may be able to informally request to the conference supervisor that they not have a specific official. It would be up to the supervisor of the conference whether or not he honors that.
The D1 coaches submit evaluations which are several pages in length on the officials following each game, but beyond that they do not have any formal input into the selection, hiring, firing, or assigning of the officials.
Anyone who says otherwise is full of it.
It is certainly possible that if you receive enough poor reviews that you will not be rehired for the next season, but that does not mean that you were scratched.