View Single Post
Old Fri May 28, 2010, 08:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorman75 View Post
OK, my problem.... The short stop, then the second baseman, standing on second, and the center fielder are in PERFECT alignment. I can not even see the second baseman take the throw. Never mind when the throw got there.
I guess I'm having a hard time imagining this happening. There's no way F8 should be blocking your view, but I also have a hard time seeing how F6 would be blocking you since normally they would be out acting as a cut-off or relay.

Not as a criticism, but from that distance it seems like if you are keeping your eyes on the ball that you should have been able to recognize that a play was being made at 2B and that you could have taken even just a couple of steps to get an unobstructed view, assuming that you didn't have a confused F6 step into your view at the last second. Even if that were the case, if it's not a bang-bang play there's nothing stopping you from improving your angle after she steps in front of you. As Mike says, it's not your distance from second that was the issue.