View Single Post
Old Thu May 27, 2010, 01:19pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
How exactly do you pregame a hard foul obviously within the PCA of one official? Do you say, if I don't call it intentional go ahead and do so? Do you say, we are all going to come together after a hard foul and talk? JR certainly wouldn't be happy to pregame that.

I'm not sure that the pregame is the answer to this one.

You pregame whether or not you would want the secondary official coming in with information or to just let the primary go with what he has. And you pre-game it using the exact same play you had from the championship game.

I have colleagues who want that info on the court, not in the lockerroom afterwards. I have others who want to live and die on their own in that situation.

Let's change your play and say B1 has purposely grabbed a handful of A1's jersey from the back with one hand while swatting at the ball and hacking A1 with the other. Do you MYOB?

That question is mostly rhetorical. My point is, you talk about plays like this, find out what your partners' philosophies are and have a general consensus on how you handle such situations instead of having the 'C' doing one thing and the 'T' something totally different.