View Single Post
Old Thu May 27, 2010, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

I do understand that in terms of what is often let slide in the NBA and even NCAA levels this tech may be percieved as soft.

As an official, parent and basketball fan I'm glad he called it. Sure he was walking away, but walk away and be frustrated with yourself and talk to your teammates about the next possesion. Don't walk away whining and bi&^%ing. If this was the standard for all tech's you'd see a lot less barking and whining to officials and more basketball players worrying about playing basketball in the league. IMO

I get that their millionaires, its suppose to be entertainment too, and its an emotional and physical game. I'm ok with all that stuff in the context of playing the game. The whistle is blown, you are no longer playing the game you are waiting for the game to resume. PLayers worry about playing the game, officials worry about calling it.

Also I'm not convinced it was a great inital foul call based on what I saw, but having watched NBA games on tv and in person everyone is making hard contact with everyone from 15 feet in on every possesion so what is and isn't a foul is pretty subjective. Get over it.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!