View Single Post
Old Thu May 27, 2010, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
This article says:

"With 36.1 seconds remaining in the half, referee Eddie Rush rang up Perkins a second time for what appeared to be some minor post-play grousing."

Another online source said:

"Then with 36.1 seconds left, Perkins and Dwight Howard were jostling in the post, and Perkins was whistled for his third personal. Perkins outstretched his arms and protested the call as he turned away from referee Eddie F. Rush, who apparently decided he went too far.

Rush called the technical, Perkins looked on with an expression of stunned disbelief, then slowly shuffled to the other end of the court and eventually through the tunnel to the Boston locker room."
I love how none of this report what the player said as he was walking away. It is very obvious and one can read his lips in the video highlight. He deserved the T. Still I would bet that the NBE OFFICE will rescind it and let him play anyway. They want a show more than they wish to support their officials. Very sad.

Just in case there is any question about my criticisms, let me say they are directed at those in the league office, not the on-court officials. The league directors are the problem.