View Single Post
Old Wed May 26, 2010, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member

Perkins Ejection

I am sure some others are watching the game as well. Regardless of the debate of whether it was a foul/nonfoul to begin with, that seemed like a quick technical. Granted at the HS level, I do not care if a player is walking away or not, saying "that was a BS call" is automatic. In the NBA, I have just seen a lot worse that were not called.

Anyway, my thoughts...how good of a look to Eddie Rush have on the foul? From his angle I would think he would see the push, but he certainly signaled otherwise. He obviously did not realize that was the second T on Perkins as they did not eject him right away (where was the table crew on this one ). Does he let that go if he does know he had one already? It was an interesting sequence that I think is the first time I can remember a crew botching administration procedures, which leads me to think it caught everyone off guard.

I loved the announcers saying that he should "man up" and admit the mistake and retract the technical. "Oh wait, you are right, that was a bad call, nevermind my whistle. In fact why am I even out here?"

Also just heard that was Perkins 7th technical of the playoffs, which means he is out for the possible game 6, if the league upholds the technical. Anyone want to wager that the league will rescind that technical?? If betting were legal and all.

Last edited by MathReferee; Wed May 26, 2010 at 10:40pm.