View Single Post
Old Wed May 26, 2010, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Carries weight with whom (Or is that who? )?

And no, we should not care and we have the right to dismiss his point of view. For one he is a convicted felon that was not accused of extending series, he was accused of giving inside information on betting information and making money off that information. Sorry, he might have been in the league, but he is still a liar and I would take his response with a grain of salt. And I have a feeling that Dan Patrick did not really challenge his perspective on this. Considering that many of the series have been one sided this year and other years. The NBA Finals last year was basically a sweep too.

Peace
1) No one is questioning your "right to dismiss his point of view." I didn't write about, nor do I care about rights in this case. I care about shoulds.

2) "Carries weight with whom...?"

It carries weight with all of the conspiracy theorists out there who lap up any and every piece of information that would "confirm" their suspicions about how big-money sport works in this country. You and some others seem to be of the opinion that if you find an idea to be nonsensical, then it's completely meaningless and unworthy of your attention. But I don't think it's silly to pay attention when someone with a big microphone slanders me or a group with which I identify.