View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 11, 2003, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: bounces you say ?

[

NFHS. Clock stops on the recovery. It will restart on the snap regardless according to 3-4-3c "Either team is awarded a new series following a legal kick."

[/B][/QUOTE]

Well I know that Ed LOL, I just wanted the guys to bone up on their clock mechanics 8^).
I thought this play was interesting because I’ve heard two trains of thoughts on it,
6-2-4 Talks about K catching or recovering a kick provided such kick has been touched by R. it says such touching is ignored if it was caused by K pushing or blocking R into contact with the ball . In this play K didn’t do either, R initiated the contact with K. and the touching was the direct result of his bouncing of K.
My Mentor says “ the impetus of the contact was R’s. You bounce , you pay , K’s ball “
My association VP says “. While the federation book is not clear, forced touching is still no touching. B26 was forced into the ball as a result of his block. R’s ball”
So I have two interpretations from two very knowledgeable officials. At this point I’m on the fence.