View Single Post
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejay View Post
The IP situation in NCAA has been a big topic this year. I have been in many discussions about this the last two years. The problem, as far as the umpires are concerned, is one of consistency.....too many umpires will not make the illegal call and a FEW fail to give the benefit of the doubt to the pitcher. If, and that is a huge "IF", all umpires could call it the same way we would not hear announcers give us a bad rap and people like Ed would stop ranting about things they know nothing about. However, all umpires are never going to call it alike.

It is my opinion that the rule should be changed. Back the pitcher up two to four feet and allow her to do most anything with an under hand motion. We certainly don't need any more lines on the field and getting rid of these illigal calls would be good for the game and certainly be good for the people who try their best to call the game the way the coaches write the rules.
Bluejay,

Are you using consistency to mean accuracy?.. Gotta have accuracy first and then be consistent in being accurate. aka no my strike zones,call the strike zone in the book. same goes for IP.