View Single Post
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthGARef View Post
He says "That wasn't even close." I respond "You're right Coach, it wasn't."
Why would you say this? I'm sure we've all thought that in our heads... but you don't say it."

Quote:
He just kind of stands puzzled, then says "Your timing is awful." I just ignore him.
Kind of funny here... guess we're just different. I think you should have ignored the first comment. But then he made it personal and was showing you up by continuing to shout at you. I would have ignored the first and given a short concise, "That's enough coach" to this one.

Quote:
He's about 20-25 feet from me, so his dugout can of course hear him. "You need to stop anticipating calls." I say "OK Coach, that's enough." He then says "Your timing is awful." At this point I restrict the coach to the dugout (which I know isn't in OBR rules but the TD has allowed us to do because often times these teams only have one coach).
I wish all jurisdictions had this. There are times where an ejection might not be warranted yet but you need to do SOMETHING to head things off - restriction would be perfect for that. Alas...

Quote:
After a couple of minutes, I hear him say something to the effect of "I'm not going anywhere." Should have tossed him. Don't know why I didn't.
OMG, absolutely. You can't restrict the guy and then put up with ANYTHING. You just castrated yourself.

Quote:
I leisurely walk up to my partner, tell him Team A's coach is restricted, and he puts him in the dugout. Wish my partner would have done that on his own, but alas.
Worser and worser... you ABSOLUTELY should have dumped him ... but you didn't... and now your dumping the problem on your partner, who had nothing to do with this situation, and you wish he'd have handled it for you? Egads man.

West Houston Mike