View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 11, 2003, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Last boys' season, had a game with a very good partner at school "R". Towards end of first half, we missed a bad screen away from ball with enough contact to knock screened player to floor.Happened to be in front of "R" bench while attention was on a scramble elsewhere. Both "R" coaches (V and JV) give us the business, "How can both of you not see that!etc,etc.In our dressing room at halftime the JV coach brings us our bottles of water. He then begins to harangue on the obvious assault that we missed. We told him we were sorry and that we would try not to let it happen again. We explained that we only have two sets of eyes to watch five dance teams and somtimes things are not seen. He would not let it go, so finally I had to ask him to leave us alone. He lingered more, (more browbeating) so I had to adjust my genial tone and firmly asked him to leave or I would penalize his team with a "T". He huffed out, we tried to relax before the second half, but we were pretty miffed.Smooth second half. Game over. Now this guy has taken over the varsity job this season, and guess what? We are not hired for games there any more.Now we're having fun!