View Single Post
Old Thu May 20, 2010, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratref View Post
I am guessing he is yawning in response to the fact that this has NOTHING to do with officiating/umpiring the game.
If that's the case then I apologize for mis-interpretting it.

Quote:
This is not a high school sports site, we discuss high school sports mostly because that is what a majority of us officiate. If you want to discuss a topic like this go to rivals.com or some other similar site.

This site is about officiating.

What respect for the boys are you talking about, I have heard of administrative forfeits in my local area but they don't belong here. If I wanted to talk about them I would go to a newspaper message board or a rivals.com message board. If the forfeit had something to do with too many players getting tossed or having the UIC forfeit the game (correctly or incorrectly) we would have something to discuss, but beyond that you sound like the fanboys we make fun of and have removed, just with no team (mentioned) to be a fan of.

Jasper
The respect I asked for came from my interpretation of "yawn." The way I read it showed no respect for them. It was "I don't care." (see above comment if I mis-interpretted ozzy's reply).

I posted this here "to discuss" because I AM an official. If I wanted to discuss fan-boy biased opinions, I would post on a newspaper site or rivals or some other site. I wanted to share a HS baseball situation that is close to home, with those I respect (most of the people here qualify).

Not the place? Delete it. Run me? For what - posting something about HS baseball? For the record, I'm a fan of BOTH teams in the situation. I've been around here too long to be lumped in with the Johnny-come lately "fans" that show up. Everyone here knows that.

I'm done defending it. Ozzy, if I misunderstood your post, I apologize sincerely.