View Single Post
Old Thu May 20, 2010, 12:18pm
Administrator

Two the first two posters after my OP, I KNOW I made a mistake in calling the batter out when she wasn't out. I KNOW I had a brain fart; because I KNOW that the batter has not struck out in this situation. BUT, my OP asked for an intelligent discussion of HOW to remedy my brain fart if the offensive Head Coach had challenged my mistake. I did NOT ask for half a$$ comments about USSSA. I asked how this situation would be handled under NFHS, NCAA, ASA, and USSSA rules because I umpire under NFHS, ASA, and USSSA rules and would also like to know how it would be handled under NCAA rules.

By the way, most of the girls' fastpitch teams in Ohio play both ASA and USSSA at the same time during the summer. It is not uncommon to umpire an ASA tournament one weekend and an USSSA tournament the next weekend and see many of the same teams.

MTD, Sr.

P.S.: When I told MTD, Jr. (who umpires NFHS baseball, and ASA and USSSA with me) and Andy (my yournger son), of my miscue the first words out of their mouths was (besides ROFLTheirAO) was to say that I truely becomeing a bald old gezzer.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Thu May 20, 2010 at 12:21pm. Reason: Corrected grammar.