View Single Post
Old Tue May 18, 2010, 11:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
This is the problem I see from this case study. I don't have a problem with the T, but you and your partner need to get together (keeping an eye on the players while doing it) and discuss the T. This does several things: 1) informs the partner so he can go talk with the coach and explain the call if needed and if possible; 2) it slows everyone down and gets you thinking exactly what needs to be done, where, and with whom; run off too quickly and you go to the wrong basket, or something similar; 3) it gives everyone the second or two to calm down and get the emotions under control.

But you need to pregame this. I say something like, "we will get together on any T -- NOT TO TRY AND TAKE THE CALL AWAY or even discourage it -- but for the 3 reasons above. I can't emphasize, however, the need to keep an eye on the players.
I disagree. I just need to know that a T was given and what kind of T was given. I do not need to know why the T was given. For one that slows down the process of administration and it is unnecessary to my job. We just need to get together so we can put the ball back in the proper place or make sure we are doing everything in the right order. Why a T is given is stuff for after the game. I do not need to know he called him a name or said something specific at the time we talk on the floor. But that is just me.

Peace