View Single Post
Old Tue May 18, 2010, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Travel Game Follie

I had the Championship game of a travel tournament Varsity HS boys age that turned into the game from hades. All because of the poor display of sportsmanship by one team.

Game was at the home teams high school which is a small 1A HS in the middle of no where. Visiting team is a large 4A. 2nd call I have in the game visiting coach is up and hollering about how a in air collision was ticky tack. Whatever.

We keep playing. He barks the whole first half. Nothing excessive, and nothing to warrent a T other than just constant whining over everything.

Partner and I answered his legitimate questions which were not many. At half we decide to let him continue as long as he didn't cross the line. First 30 seconds of the 2nd half he wants a handcheck at the top of the key as the guy passes the ball, no advantage or disadvantage. I am trail table side in front of his bench. He says to his team but loud enough for me to hear "were obviously not going to get that call here". I just shake my head.

My partner then makes a call, in his favor. Coach says to me "its a good thing he's here or we wouldn't get a foul call." I turn and stop sign him and say coach thats enough. I now go to lead under his basket and table side.

His guy drives into 3 people and loses the ball, we are transitioning the other way. He yells as a pass his bench, you probably went to blank high school (the home teams school) didn't you...Idiot!!! As he said this partner called a walk so it was his teams ball (this will come into play later). I turned around and WHACK!!! He then wants to know why he got the T. I said questioning my integrity. We shoot the technical freethrows. Then he requests a full timeout.

He proceeds to meet me, who was opposite table to administer the throw in for the home team, at half court. Screaming that high school had changed the technical rule to point of interuption after a T. I said no coach, get back to your bench. He does not comply and screams YOU DON'T know the rules. WHACK. We will see ya coach.

This guy was unbelievable. The rest of the game his team hacked, mugged and shoved. 3 of them fouled out. One shoved a kid in the back on a breakaway. I call an intentional and he looks at me and tells me that my call was f'ing bs in full words. WHACK, ejection.

Worst game i've ever dealt with.