View Single Post
Old Mon May 17, 2010, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUchem View Post
Geeze, sorry KJ, I didn't mean to offend. Like Steve said, the IP's in the box scores exist only to explain things like advancement of runners. Yes, I was watching the game (twice, in fact, as it was replayed again that night). I also do not usually trust the announcers, but saw the extended arm of the umpire for many of the IP's, and I'm pretty sure by now the announcers understand what that means. I also followed the live blog on the 'Cuse website during the replay and found it to be an accurate representation of the game (minus the ridiculous opinions, of course). I counted 9. If there were only 2 or 3 like the box score suggests, do you think there would be such an uproar?

As much as I think EdJW is full of baloney, I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.
PSU....no problem. I clearly see (& understand) your view on the OP. You are of course right in your comment about the likelihood of an uproar over 2/3 IP's. And we're certainly on the same page regarding EdJW's comments.