View Single Post
Old Mon May 17, 2010, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUmp View Post
I should have cited my information source....the box score for the each game... sloppy posting on my part.
I do not concern myself with what announcers say. Most of the time they are wrong, or at the least, not 100% accurate in what they are saying.
If I'm incorrect, then the official NCAA box score for the game is incorrect also. Go to the Big East Conference website and check the box scores for both games yourself.
Being as how the conference tracks IP's for each Big East pitcher throughout the season, and also compiles stats on IP's by team, and being as how the source of their information is the official NCCA box score for the game, I guess that makes me, and the statistical staffs of both the NCAA and the Big East also "definitely incorrect."
I guess the NCCA and the Big East would like to hear from you so they can correct their error and change the IP count for the game to 9 and update their stats.....I mean after all you were watching the game and counting.
Geeze, sorry KJ, I didn't mean to offend. Like Steve said, the IP's in the box scores exist only to explain things like advancement of runners. Yes, I was watching the game (twice, in fact, as it was replayed again that night). I also do not usually trust the announcers, but saw the extended arm of the umpire for many of the IP's, and I'm pretty sure by now the announcers understand what that means. I also followed the live blog on the 'Cuse website during the replay and found it to be an accurate representation of the game (minus the ridiculous opinions, of course). I counted 9. If there were only 2 or 3 like the box score suggests, do you think there would be such an uproar?

As much as I think EdJW is full of baloney, I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.