View Single Post
Old Mon May 17, 2010, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

got it...but what about this

Thanks for the POI explanation. Let me see if I got this straight. Fouls that have equal penalities should cancel one another, right? So, using my OP as an example...

A1 was fouled while making a shot. He's entitled to a free throw. Then A1 and B2 get heated and two T's are called. Since technical fouls carry with them a different penalty than the PF, the PF stands and the technicals cancel each other. Is my reasoning right thus far?

Now let's just say for argument's sake that A1 made the shot and got fouled, but I called B1's foul as unsportsmanlike. This foul carries with it the same penalty as a technical. Therefore, by calling a double technical for the extra activity that followed would have resulted in B1's unsportsmanlike being cancelled by A1's technical...leaving only the B2 technical to be enforced. The end result would have been that we ignore the extra free throw for A1 when he made the shot and got fouled, and a player from team A would be shooting the technical free throws and retaining possession. Am I understanding all this clearly now?

Sorry...good grief...as I reread what I've written, I know it's a jumbled mess. After I get this sorted out in my head, I'll try my best to avoid such rambling!