View Single Post
Old Sat May 15, 2010, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Cancel or Continue???

A short while back I posted something about a ref calling off a game in the 3rd period due to unruly players. Several of you gave good advice, which I put to use and as a league we decided to back the refs 100% and the game stood as it was called. Thanks for the help.

Now, another situation arose today that I really need your advice on. Some of our games we play in a gym which we have to rent from the local Christian college. We started a game today and with 3:23 left in the 1st period, the school came and said we had to leave due to some function they were going to have.

I told both teams that the game would be rescheduled and that it would resume from the exact point at which it was stopped. All fouls and points would remain intact. Since the game was stopped with a guy waiting at the free throw line to shoot his two shots, I am planning to restart the game with that man shooting the free throws.

One of the players for the team that was losing said that the game should be cancelled and replayed in its entirety. That option doesn't make much sense to me...but in the spirit of fairness I figured I would post this question and borrow everyone's brain on this one. Am I handling this properly? If not, what is the right procedure?