View Single Post
Old Mon May 10, 2010, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen View Post
it is very easy to call this play and probably not have any arguments but to get to the next level in refereeing (as it appears the refs in film have done) is to figure what needs to be called and what can be let go. The secondary defender was late and did cause some contact, but in the end great no call. this ref has reached the next level. He understands the game and does not need the borderline calls to be made in his game. GREAT NO CALL
I don't know what level of refereeing you are talking about, but at mine this is NOT a no call. The defensive player came over for the purpose of drawing a charge, he was late and therefore a blocking foul should be called, regardless of affect of the shot or not. Although Jurassic made a good point in a previous thread by stating that the "right" call is different at different levels. I have my thoughts and you have yours of course, but to no call this play when the player was making an attempt to draw a charge which he failed to do (IMO) puts the onus on that defensive player.