View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 28, 2010, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

In an early season college game I had a coach question calls 3 times in the same inning. The first 2 times he was livid, but did not say anything personal or profane and did not prolong the discussion so I did not dump him. In the first case I was clearly correct on a ruling (funning lane violation). The 2nd was a very close play at the plate. Neither call went his way while on offense. The 3rd was a batter hit by pitch in the box while his team was on defense, and he did not move. When he came out on that, I told him "coach, I know you know the box belongs to the batter in college baseball" and he turned and walked away without another word and made a pitching change. They eventually won 4-3 and this was first game of DH. We had no issues in the 2nd game nor any of the other games I have worked at that same location this year.

This was first time I worked his team's game. He tested me, and found out it was pointless and has been very cordial every since.

I will say he tested me far more than a HS coach would have. College is different.