View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 28, 2010, 04:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseltser View Post
New here-- I post more often on the basketball board, but these are my 2 cents:

It seems like the most dangerous areas are in/above the dugouts.
The players are safe with at some fencing at most parks. Why not the fans?

Netting there will not interfere with any balls.
I will use the analogy of what happens in racing. Fences and other things in racing, you still have people that are killed because of something falling off a car. Now I have not heard of any fan killed in baseball because of a bat or ball flying into the stand. Even hockey that was several years ago. I think when you buy ticket to certain events; there is some reasonable risk that you take when you sit in certain seats or any seats for that matter. You can only put the netting so many places without obstructing the view of the field or playing area. And if you obstruct the area, then more people will stay home. I do not see this as a major problem as I saw even in the hockey situation because many people do not get hurt. And right or wrong that legal writing on the ticket takes some liability off the organizations because it is kind of a contract. Anyone can sue, but I think if you are going to have kids in an area where they can get hurt, then get different tickets. But in baseball that is hard considering all over the park someone can still come in contact with the baseball.

Peace