View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 09, 2003, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Have a question here about something that happened last year to me. I was working the scoreboard and time for a girl's basketball first-round playoff game. The first official comes out and goes out to center court. A few minutes later the second official, the referee for the night comes out, goes over to the table to check on the official book for the evening and the sort.

Well, after looking through the book he looks over at the visitors bench and asks where his partner is. I'm the only one at the table so I'm wondering if he is talking to me. Still looking over at the visitors bench he asks again if I've seen his partner. I kinda move over so I can see if he is talking to me, get in front of him and the guy has a lazy eye, the left is looking straight ahead and the right eye is looking toward my direction at the table.

Kinda stunned by what I am seeing I say yeah, your partner is out at center court. He turns to try to see him, says ahh there he is..then turns back kinda toward me and says, "Man it's tough to see out there tonight." and walks away. I was stunned, couldn't believe what I had just heard. My question is should I have told his partner what he said or told the coaches? I just kept my mouth shut and it was one of the worst officaited games I have seen in a long time.

When I think back on it it was kinda funny, but I still think I should have done something about it. What do you think?