View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 21, 2010, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

My initial view on this. Don't know if it would stand up under scrutiny of OKC, but first impression was:

The Safety Grip is defined as:

Covers the handle region of the bat. The Safety Grip shall not be less than 10 inches and not more than 15 inches. There shall be no exposed metal in the 10-15 inch area. The Safety Grip may be a molded finger formed grip as long as it is permanently attached to the bat or attached with safety tape. Resin, pine tar or other spray substances are permissible on the Safety Grip only. Any tape applied to the Safety Grip must be of a continuous spiral. A bat having a flare or cone shaped grip attached is legal.

I guess the highlighted portion is what would make using the Rhinoliner legal as additional to a grip, but not as a replacement.

It should also be noted that it can ONLY cover the handle and NOT be used in the knob. Since the Safety Knob is now addressed separately and the rule above only applies to the handle, the book say that the adhesives can be added to the safety grip which is only located on the handle.

Technicality, yes. But it is what it is and the book specifically states the knob can be taped, but nothing about sprays. Would I go looking for this booger myself? Probably not, but if brought to me......