View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 19, 2010, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

The Scarlet Letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATUMP View Post
Guys, need some of your expert opinions here. On Friday my association had a senior level and well respected top umpire plead guilty in Federal court for stealing a large sum of money from the goverment. He is still being sceduled games in our local association. I dont agree with the fact that he is still being scheduled games and now tomorrow i have a high profile games with him. our assigner is unwilling for whatever reason to remove him from this game. my question is this. Would you guys remover yourself from the game or just suck it up?
I would show up and do my job. The personal costs outweigh any personal issues I can have against one individual. I would not give up my $100 bucks to avoid working with the guy. I would not turn down work offered to me because of a partner's indiscretions. His actions would not reflect on my self-worth. In fact this thread is a little too "puritan" for me. I would lose everything I value if I were to turn down an offer to work a game because of my personal ineptitude to get along with questionable characters in one game. Your partner will soon be taking a leave of absence, are you joining him?

Last edited by SAump; Tue Apr 20, 2010 at 12:04am.