View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 17, 2010, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

John,

I think you should let it go and this is coming from a guy that holds on to stuff way to long. I had a HS game early in the season where the home team wanted to appeal that a 1B had pulled his foot on a play while I was in the C position. The HC was coaching 3rd and hollered "Get some help, can't we get some help". Well the Asst at 1B was asking for help also and I told him "No, I had him on the bag". HC didn't hear this I guess. After the game I passed him and said "Terry, if you want to talk call time and come over to me, don't holler at me". He replied " I wasn't hollering at you, you just kept walking away and I thought you were ignoring me". He then left me standing there and headed for the handshake line. I felt like a dope because that wasn't the ending I was trying to have. He is a good guy to deal with and for the most part lets the umpires work. I was really worried he was going to hold it against me the next time he saw me. He has been cordial like always and we haven't had a problem so far. He let it go (probably forgot about it) and so have I.

As a funny aside on a tag up appeal at 2nd, I called R2 out for leaving early in a Legion playoff game a few years back. I lined it up and he definitely left early. The head coach told me when he came out to argue "This is Legion...They don't leave early in Legion". I replied "Matt, they leave early in the big leagues!". He turned and walked away..

Lawrence