View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 08, 2003, 08:51pm
Official Forum Member

That's the only time I can get to the gym - after the kids are in bed, about 8:30. The morning/evening thing is a non-issue. Look at the entire 24 hours.

I always gain some girth right after the season because I eat the same amount and don't do all the games along with them. I used to run outside in the winter but this winter has been a killer (75 inches of snow already and counting) so I hit the treadmill. Man, running is one boring exercise, but effective. 3-5 times a week running 2 miles each time with a 5 minute warmup and warm down, weights every other day, eat a lot of whole grains, low fat stuff, lean meat if any, don't deprive yourself of anything so you crave it. If I do overeat one day, I repeat the words 'pay the price' in my head as I force myself to do extra mileage on the treadmill.

I don't buy into the whole water thing - it just makes me pee every 5 minutes. There was an article I read a few months ago that this might be a myth. If it makes you feel good, do it, but I just feel like I'm sloshing around with a couple gallons in my belly all the time. I drink milk and OJ. Going to Florida in February and don't want to be Tubby McFatty at the beach - been training hard.