View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 11, 2010, 09:44pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
There are a lot of really sharp people on this forum.
Are you talking about head shapes?

Two things stood out in today's three MS games. In the first, my partner teed up a coach. At the next break, I asked him what happened. He said the guy complained about the lack of a three second call. My partner gave him the stop sign and he still said something. According to my partner, the guy wasn't really bad and never raised his voice but just wouldn't stop talking.

The other thing was somewhat of a pleasant surprise for me. There is a guy I know who holds camps for MS kids at this venue and he has a bunch of teams playing in this spring league. He coaches a few of them himself. He is David Lucas, younger son of "The Enforcer" Maurice Lucas. I've known David since he was in third grade and played in our local kids rec league. His older brother Maurice Jr. (called "Reece") was in the same grade as my son and they went through HS together. Reece also played in our rec league for quite a few years (and yes, Maurice Sr. would come to some of both boys games). I had David coaching a 7th grade team in my second game today. We said hi to each other before the game. He did a great job and his team won by almost 40. He's a terrific young man and I wish him well.