View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 08, 2010, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives View Post
Quote:
The NFL changed it's scheduled start times (Eastern)

Used to be 1:00 & 4:00

Now 1:00 & 4:15

Because games are taking over three hours.

But Hey - it's FOOTBALL so it's OK that the games are that long.

What's the wall clock time for an NBA game or an NHL game?

Why isn't anyone complaining about them
?
Because they are action packed. I am not an avid hockey fan as I once was but IMO it is a great sport to see in person. Action up and down the ice.

NBA and football are the same meaning there is "action" going on.

Baseball has too much "down time" within the game. Also, the Yankee pitcher's (although they will not admit it publically) do not like Posada to catch them. Constantly during the game when Posada catches he goes out and talks to the pitchers more then any other catcher I know of.

MLB needs to so something about player conferences. There should be ONE visit ALLOWED to F1 by any member of the team PERIOD. In other words if F2 talks to F1 that is a charged conference.

Also, forget about throwing 4 balls on an IBB. Use the FED rule. I know people will bring up Rolly Fingers pitching to Johnny Bench in the world series but in MLB how many times has their been a mishap on an IBB.

The strike zone. It is different from back in the day. More strikes need to be called and I am not talking about the Eric Gregg strike zone.

In other words when a baseball game takes 3.5 to 4 hours to complete for the most part it is BORING compared to a Hockey / football or basketball game where there is constant action.

Pete Booth