Thread: Coach K
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 05, 2010, 03:26pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post

And, just fyi, I dislike Duke just as much as I dislike the Yankees. For essentially the same reasons - too successful over time. I don't know if I would put the Steinbrenner family in the same category as Coach K, but each has their own annoying aspects.

Also, aren't these very similar arguments used as to why people either like or dislike Bob Knight? All the good he's done/graduation rates/great teacher/etc. vs. bully/intimidator/anger management issues? Wonder if it's simple coincidence?
Spoken like a true Cubbie fan.....someone who detests success.

The success of a team doesn't bother me. It's the individuals associated with a team that piss me off more. I don't mind the Dallas Cowboys that much but Jerry Jones is a consumate dickhead. Steinbrenner in his prime was just as embarrassing to us Yankee fans as he was aggravating to the Yankee haters. And if I didn't have a mute button, I don't think that I'd watch too many sporting events on ESPN either. Their talking heads are beyond being merely irritable. And then there's Geraldo Rivera, Donald Trump, Yoko Ono, you, etc. The list is long.