View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 05, 2010, 09:38am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
Maya Moore - I mean she's good, yea! And very pretty, graceful, athletic, smart, talented, etc, etc, etc... But there were a number of other women playing, and I'd have liked to know at least a little about them, and NOT what they thought about Maya Moore!
Concur. But this is like being on the court with Kobe, Lebron, MJ, Wilt, etc. You're just there.....a teamamate of "the Great One."

Current personal issues aside, the worst TV does at this is Tiger. If you happen to win the golf tourney and beat him by a stroke or two, all they talk about is Tiger - because they believe that's what people want to hear about and see - and for the most part, they're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
Does anyone who cares think Stanford can win on Tuesday? Much as I'd love to think so, I just can't see it. Rut talks about parity, and how the women's game doesn't have it. I really see his point. It's like there's this WNBA team playing in the NCAA bracket. Stanford's probably at the top of the rest of them, although even that might be debatable. But UConn just isn't even in the same league, seems to me. Darn it....
I don't think Stanford can win. Geno says he believes parity is on the way and believes all the other schools/players/coaches need to step up their game. He literally "called them out" during the interview. Of course, he also said with graduations, he expects to have an L in Dec next yr - or he would quit! Yes, he said if he didn't lose by Dec next yr he would walk away - and no one believed(s) him.

As was said in another Thread by a Forum member, the only one that can bring UConn down is the one handing out the diplomas........ (paraphrase)