View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 05, 2010, 09:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
I enjoyed the game last night. While UConn is very, very good (obviously), they showed how to take Griner out of her game......like a typical "big wo-man," run, run, run. She was pooped.

Anyone else see the interview with Coach Auriemma before the game? Wow?! Bottom line - he'd only leave the ladies game to coach the men's game if he were offered Duke or NC. Ok, just Duke. Nothing else would do.....
I enjoyed both games. Especially since Stanford won. I thought the officials did a great job, of course.

I just got so tired of listening to the announcers. Doris Burke is just so STUPID. same stupid tired cliches of overstatement and announcer-speak. A certain portion of the game, I just turned the sound down and didn't listen.

and totally oriented toward Maya Moore. Even when someone else fouled, or made a shot, or got schooled or whatever it was all about how Maya Moore was affected, or how Maya Moore felt, or the times Maya Moore had done that. Even during the Stanford game, they kept showing how people would have to deal with Maya Moore or how she'd affect them.

I mean she's good, yea! And very pretty, graceful, athletic, smart, talented, etc, etc, etc... But there were a number of other women playing, and I'd have liked to know at least a little about them, and NOT what they thought about Maya Moore!

Does anyone who cares think Stanford can win on Tuesday? Much as I'd love to think so, I just can't see it. Rut talks about parity, and how the women's game doesn't have it. I really see his point. It's like there's this WNBA team playing in the NCAA bracket. Stanford's probably at the top of the rest of them, although even that might be debatable. But UConn just isn't even in the same league, seems to me. Darn it....