View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 31, 2010, 09:51am
Official Forum Member

May have forgotten ... but

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpJM (nee CoachJM) View Post
As others have said, I would clarify with the head coach which player was batting and which was fielding, and I always say "in the X hole". He verifies, I annotate.

It would not occur to me to have the coach "redo" or "correct" his lineup due to this (i.e., unorthodox placement of the DH), nor would I mention it to him.

There is no rule that specifies "how" the lineup card is to be filled out. I understand that Tim has helped establish a standard in Oregon that may have the effect of "rule" there.

Where I work that is not the case. And this is the last thing I want to get "pissy" about at the plate conference.

JM
Coach JM,

I may be wrong, but if I remember several years back there was a POI or something that suggested the coaches put the DH in the correct place which should be under the player being DH'd for, but I kind of looked and did not find anything.

This was FED only, but i remember that our association made a big deal for a couple of years trying to get coaches to do it right.

Needless to say, most of them never changed anything.

But the main thing is to know who is being DH'd for and of course the reminder several times a year that the DH is just like a starter and can be subbed out etc.,

I don't consider anything that I do at the plate conf "pissy" though, just a "point of information" (g)

Thanks
David