View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2010, 11:32am
Back from the DL

For what it's worth, one of the more respected officials on our board, and a recent board president, has a neatly trimmed moustache. As long as I've known him, he always has. I've never seen cornrolls on an official, but I'm in Maine. We don't know cornrolls from cornbread.

NEOhio, if an assigner has a problem with the way you look (hair, tattoos, fat, whatever), you should be told up front and in advance. Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned independent contractor status, an assigner doesn't have to tell you anything. That doesn't mean, however, that you have to forget that to have accept being treated less-than-honestly.

Could there be another issue that they're not telling you? Maybe, but it's unlikely you're going to know the truth. Some just don't care enough to give honest feedback, or they'll find a more convenient reason to get rid of you. Truth be told, this is all speculation.

The best you can take out of this is to be aware that there are people who won't be as up front as you like, and in the long run, the cornrolls could very well be a hindrance that no-one will bother to tell you about, as long as they have someone else to officiate.