Thread: Duke/Baylor
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 29, 2010, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

Lots of great stuff.

I do agree with the T on Acy for the reasons stated, I just have trouble believing that if a player comes from afar to defend a teammate (however misguided and inappropriate) and a scrum ensues with people jawing and bumping, that there is nothing else T worthy going on. If you are going to penalize one participant who reacted badly to the situation at point then you need to penalize anyone who did or said something.

The guys in the original huddle around the ball I'm ok with they just had some trouble breaking up and in a normal circumstance a quick discussion with them would be fine. However extra guy in pushing whack, every extra guy after that pushing or talking trash particularly any cursing really has to be called so that everyone gets the message. IMO

Him bumping and then getting bumped back as guys step in and start barking and talking (granted the official got between before a real shove or push back coudl happen, he got sandwiched when the Duke player stepped forward) needs to be dealt with or your basically calling the equivalent of an insitgator penalty in hockey and breaking everyone else up.

If the Baylor kid bumps and the Duke player goes down and everyone is indignant and seperating them fine. Form my vantage point (The TV it lookd like the Duke kid is going back into say some things and get his lick in when the ref stops the physical interaction. More jawing continues. I can't here what being said so maybe its not provacative in nature or cursing. Since i wasn't there I can't tell I just find it hard to believe the only thing T worthy occuring in that scrum was the first push.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!