Thread: PRE-GAME A MUST
View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 29, 2000, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote from Jim

"It's truly a shame the members of your association neglect a ten-minute post-game conference. You should consider getting that fixed. It doesn't hurt, you know. We've found it to be extremely successful at helping our association improve as a team."

I'm thinking of a particular game in which I had to remove an illegal bat from a game after a run had been scored with it. I also removed the run. Now, guys...this is a fact. The mayor of the town came on the field to argue. I cleared the field with the threat of forfeit by the home team...and this was a second round playoff game. There were hundreds of people standing around the fences because it was a big game for them and there weren't many bleachers. Rule books appeared like magic in the crowd.

I say all that to say this: My partner in the field had no clue what I did...why I did it...nor did he know how we were going to get out of there. Any post game conference we held would have ended in an ambulance in all likelyhood. We made our report at the first meeting of the next season.

Hanging around to discuss rules AFTER a game can be seen as wanting a confrontation.

BTW, I got the rule right...got my name in the paper too....LOL.

Vern