Thread: Tim Higgins?
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 23, 2010, 01:44pm
Huck Finn

I think there are some physical things that aren't subjective and we can make a decision on. Whether we choose to or not is another subject. For instance, if an official can't make it up the court...they can't make it up the court (not saying this about Higgins). If an official does not make position adjustments and is clearly straight-lined that isn't really subjective. If a position adjustment, like continuing to go low at the C, keeps a closed look that isn't subjective.

Hey, if we want to be a fan(boy) of other officials, or fans of the game I have no problem with that - IU and Bobby Knight are the greatest. However, if we want to talk about this as officials, we can't just look at who the official is and ignore what they do on the court. Having said all of that, I don't know why Higgins wasn't selected and I think there was some good/great officiating last weekend.

I think officials like Karl Hess, Anthony Jordan and others have done a great job so far. Does anyone know what Karl Hess tells his patients during the season?